Cannon Brewery, Sheffield
Stones Brewery was a regional enterprise, founded by entrepreneur William Stones and his partner Joseph Watts. In 1868 he purchased the lease of the Neepsend Brewery in Sheffield, renaming it as the Cannon Brewery and continuing to operate there until his death in 1894. Stones' success saw him die as one of the richest men in Sheffield.
The enterprise changed in ownership and these buildings were purchased by Bass Brewery in 1968. The site was eventually closed in 1999 and has been largely stripped of its former industrial innards, although the hallmarks of production still remain.